Bayesian Artificial Intelligence
Kevin B. Korb and
Ann E. Nicholson
This page reflects our interests and research on Bayesian methods
in Artificial Intelligence, including Bayesian networks and
automated causal discovery (learning Bayesian networks). The
information available here will be periodically updated.
School of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Clayton, Victoria 3800 Australia
Bayesian Artificial Intelligence (2003) is our new
textbook, being published by CRC
Press. See our BAI book page for material
supplementing the book, including illustrative source code,
networks for use with problems and an updated appendix reporting
Bayesian net and causal discovery tools.
This is a tutorial which we have developed for presentation of
Bayesian AI methods at academic conferences and for industry. The
notes are available for free. We will present the notes, with
explanation, interpretation, examples and a supplementary hands-on
laboratory, for a fee; please contact us for further information.
Data Mining Cardiovascular Bayesian networks
(powerpoint) Presentation at ARC Health Data Mining Workshop
April 11th, 2005, Adelaide.
- Bayesian networks and Causal Modelling (powerpoint) Seminar given Feb 4th 2005, Australian Centre for Field Robotics, University of Sydney.
- Using Bayesian networks for Water Quality Prediction in Sydney Harbour (powerpoint) Seminar given Feb 3rd 2005, NSW Department of Environment and Conservation, Sydney.
- Knowledge Engineering with Bayesian Networks (powerpoint) Seminar given Jan 2003, Monash South Africa.
- University of Sydney (powerpoint). Seminar, June 2001.
- University of Utrectht (powerpoint). Seminar, May 2001.
- Aalborg University (powerpoint). Seminar, May 2001.
- Dept of Information Systems, University of Melbourne (powerpoint). Seminar, March 2001.
- UNSW School of Management Sept 2001 (outline).
Bayesian AI honours subject information
Bayesian AI honours research projects
Projects offered in 2005:
Past projects: 1994-2007.
The Monash Bayesian intelligent decision support (BIDS) project
Bayesian network web resource guide
Introductory readings on Bayesian reasoning
Under preparation. Topics include:
- elementary Bayesian reasoning
- Bayesian AI;
- Bayesian network inference methods;
- Elicitation of network structure,
- probabilities and utilities;
- learning causal networks; B
- ayesian decision support;
- evaluating Bayesian networks.
Email us with any queries or relevant new info:
- Kevin.Korb (at) infotech.monash.edu.au
- Ann.Nicholson (at) infotech.monash.edu.au
Last updated: Wed Mar 16 00:30:00 EST 2005