Clayton School of IT, Monash University
Oxford University, 1992
Thesis: "Monitoring Discrete Environments using Dynamic
Supervisor: Prof. J.M. Brady
Melbourne University, 1990
Thesis: "Logic Programming Models for Parallel Parsing
in Natural Language"
Supervisors: Dr. L. Naish and Prof. R.D.S. Sussex.
of Science (Honours, 1st class)
Melbourne University, 1986
Major: Computer Science
Honours Thesis: "Declarative Debugging of the Parallel
Logic Programming Language GHC" Supervisor: Prof J. W. Lloyd (now ANU)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate: Dept. of Computer
Science, Brown University, 1992-1994
- Associate Dean Education, Faculty of Information
- Interests:Artificial intelligence. Probabilistic reasoning. Bayesian
networks. Knowledge Engineering. Planning. Plan recognition. User
modelling. Evolutionary ethics. Data Mining.
- Research groups
- Centre for Research in
Intelligent Systems (Knowledge Discovery Laboratory)
- (One of 5) Best Papers, WICSA 2005.
- (Equal) Best Paper, PRICAI'2000.
- Best Application Paper, UM'99.
- Honourable Mention, AAAI Best Paper Award, 1993.
- Victorian Rhodes Scholarship,
- Current sports played: gaelic football.
- Sports played in past: cricket, rugby union, ultimate frisbee.
- Interests: Aussie rules footall,
- Family: partner Paul Konstanty,
children Robert (born Sept 2001) and Clare (born March 2004)