Return to the contents page.
More on S3 [here].
Land-Rover Series 3.
S3 SWB submitted by Tony Luckwill.
The Series 3 introduced synchromesh on all four forward gears.
It also has a plastic dashboard and a plastic radiator grill -
the latter is of no use at all for impromptu barbecues.
Also in the page: Some Dates.
SW at LROC(Vic) Motorkhana 1987.
SW at 1994 Billing (UK) event - Bill Coloccia.
Bill Kaszer's S3 SWB.
- Back to Series 2A.
- 1971: (Oct) Series 3 introduced.
New all synchromesh gearbox.
750,000th Land-Rover produced.
- 1972: Stronger Salisbury rear axle standard on LWB.
Unique military 101 FC introduced.
- 1974: End of imports into USA (RR imports started 1987).
- 1976: (June) 1,000,000th Land-Rover produced.
- 1979: On to Stage One and then ...
- 1983: 90 (SWB) and also
L. Allison / 1994-1998